I'm taking a break off my revision.
Work was constructive today, I managed to finish 4 essays, leaving one more to go.
and I hope tomorrow will be a good one for final revision.
Think I deserve some nice dinner if I am able to finish my work by then. =)
I was at my breaking point last night.
A friday filled with lined up activities seriously didnt feel good.
Had meetings with different ppl for orientation from 9am - 1pm. Well, that is a norm for me these days.
I am amazed by the short time I take to dwell from one problem to another quickly sometimes.
but true enough, I forget objectives of meetings these days.
the kids always had to remind me at start of meeting because I just do not have the capacity to remember.
Next up, I spent hours in the FPP lab learning how to bake muffins and scones.
teamed up with juve and another young colleague.
Juve disappeared halfway back in lab, leaving me and my colleague stuck in the warzone, as described by the chef when he looked at our table. =P
He'd probably kill us if we're his students.
For a moment, I thanked god i am a staff! =)
I'm appalled by the difference in attitude of these chefs in terms of treating students and staff.
Juve and I learnt how to do whipped cream as well, and we created some nice pattern design on bowls. MOst of the time we're probably entertaining ourselves.
because no one wanted to volunteer to try, except for Mr. Teong PN who made me laugh. =D
Haha.
Things we baked and refreshments were served by managers in Bistro Walk that afternoon.
OH, yeah, forgot to mention, it's Staff Wellness day.
I saw people who hardly smiled during work having hearty laughters.
How weird. =)
By the time everything ended, it was 530pm.
Boss had to remind me of exams by asking me how was my revision that day.
I gave him a sad face and said i'm coping.
YEAH, I hope i am and better not fail my words.
Did some printing/photocopying work, prep for Tuesdays visit since Mon im on leave
Had a tough battle with Lilian's paper cutters.
I'd probably discard this asset if it's mine. Retardedly Useless.
Wasted 30 min of my life cutting 30 pieces of paper.
As for Orientation, I wasn't particularly happy with their attitudes for a long time.
It's ok if they don't buy it when I say there's no time.
BUt i was appalled they had time to play badminton with subcomms when some are slogging in the classrooms pasting newspapers.
Log i/c for week 0 was the i/c for badminton that day.
great!
I wish i had time to do someting like that back then.
WEnt upstairs after war with paper cutters, sat them down.
and Yeap, there it went.
Lashing out at them didn't feel good.
Because I know, this is the first time I ever scolded all of them upfront for the entire AY I knew them. No one will feel good abt it.
I have inculcated exceptional great patience for cohort this year.
but that was my limit.
Told them not to waste my time and effort for saving them the classrooms if they want to play badminton elsewhere.
They just had no idea how difficult I am handling all the top end managers trying to save these classrooms for mazes. I did not explain, since it's a staff matter anyway.
The boy I deemed most sensible within the crowd had to put me down in front of the rest out of nowhere.
over insignificant issues like earlier dateline, and asking for proper plan for mass dance.
I nearly died.
The way back home felt the most discouraged ever.
I seriously do not know, how orientation will be at the end of Apr.
the nightmare of having to plan manpower in wee hrs of OLTC nights is coming back to me.
And trust me I do not want to rem anything that happened last year, but I did.
And it totally ruined my appetite for dinner.
too tired, too bothered.
Did some thorough thinking last night.
I wondered, am I seriously competing with time, or my capabilities?
Thank god for the strong affirmation that came sounding off from my phone.
It came in time, thanks. =) really.
and so espite all these, I'm encouraged by the ppl who stood by me all these while.
My two best friends who are forever sending morning smses always made my morning.
Sister who called immediately when I asked for logistics. Personal favours are greatly appreciated.
The few who have always updated themselves here like my fans. HAHA
Trust me that random smses are working on me. especially the ultra long informative msg last night, =) thanks.
Guess even the slightest things will help, even if Wallace have to leave an anonymous nonsensical encouraging note on my pile of notes. That helped.
And of course my bf who had been listening to my complaints all nights LOng.
I will hang in there I guess.
I have to.
Because I'm called Ms Chan these days. =)
I have went too far to give up on them now.
Though they make my blood boil.
Alright.
Enough said.
Back to work! grr.
It feels danm good not having to see ppl, deplete my limited brain cells, and anything on KW on a beloved saturday. =)
BYE
No comments:
Post a Comment