Hello sunday, we meet again!
time really flies these days.
unknowingly, i have stepped into TP for a year being the ice cream lady.
how long more to go?
i'm happy that i am comfortable being here and have no intentions to leave for the moment.
well, this may be contributed by many factors, that i din have back then in TTSH.
My boss - who allows me to do things my way, giving space for creativity.
He is a nice boss, with high expectations.
though stressful, but i believe I've become stronger through all these demands.
Work - ever changing. selling of ice creams is not easy. talking to customers and negotiating for pricing is an art. I am still learning, definitely not perfect. But i do know certain tricks that make people tick.
Jobscope involves many other things besides sales, though I whine often.
but It's not too bad learning tonnes of things on the job.
I am physcially stronger too thanks to carrying ice creams all the time. =)
but if given a choice, come on, i'll not carry for nuts.
Student developement has played a major reason for me staying over here.
i'm glad that besides the job itself, that I do not feel that I hate it,
being back in studies club as a member for student development does matter.
Of course, week zero is the core.
But making new friends and training leaders is my passion.
after many years, it still is.
though there were ups and downs thruout the years
i made new friends, lost some..
i am not regretting it.
it's a process of learning i feel.
taught me to be more objective. and stop letting my emotions be in the way.
it's really tough, but im trying.
more opportunities on the go.
situational leadership training - I hope it's happening this year
Counselling course - I hope i can get it somehow next year
First aid - havent found the time to go, but i will go.
OCP - My aim for the year, lets wait and see if my schedule permits.
Own projects - YES we're able to initiate new projects for the students and get some funding!
I am excited. somehow. =)
Week 0 has finally come to a stop for a few weeks.
While they prepare for their exams, I prepare for mine too.
And i take this time to enjoy CNY and defnitely get some rest.
felt like dying for the past few weeks where when I had no classes, I was stuck in sch.
it is taking a toll on me. i knew that.
old already, don't have that much energy like the kids these days.
other than work, still have to deal with their emotional state.
this is tiring.
Now it's beloved sunday!
i remembered watching my fav shows all the time for entire day.
but nowadays, it's nothing but books in front of me.
guess it's good havinga change.
just that i dont know how long i can survive having no entertainment. oh well.
many things happened in family lately.
emotional burdens are builing up.
as one gets older, you tend to disagree with some actions done by ppl u once respected most.
and with disagreement, you get disappointment.
sigh. enough said!
i miss my brother from US.
gotta help tx get some work done before i start my revision for the day.
lunch first! i need food to have energy!
love,
gracey
No comments:
Post a Comment