Yeap.
This shall be a post just on the orientation that was just over.
=) We Won! AGain, Best Cheer Award.
I received words of congratulations from many.
But when I thought to myself, this is the least we had to have.
If not, what else? =D
Day 1
Registration was smooth, despite the OLs being totally dysfunctional.
Food confirmation was bad, we had more than 70 packs of extras.
The attendance barely hit 95 percent....
that was discouraging.
But what to do, all we could was to make do with the people that bothered turning up. =)
Heard that telematch was good.
HEard - Because I was stuck at staff comm session the entire afternoon, listening to.... god knows what they were talking abt.
To me - those were just useless crap that was spoken by all departments which not many understood.
The only thing that deserved compilments was the tea reception. =)
When i ended, they ended telematch.
So yup.
Usual - For many years, I had a sweet prep talk with the OLs.
It was encouraging to see log comm speaking up this year, reprimanding the OLs.
Cuz at least, we had some thinkers and those who were willing to speak up and make changes.
This year's OLs are disappointing - only know how to complain. NOt as though they did a fantastic job, really.
Day 2
CPCG had hiccups, usual. With CPs that only came for 1 hr instead of 3, leaving the OLs at a loss.
These are external problems, couldnt be helped.
Dinner was good. =)
And Mass dance at sports complex.
So many years of orientaiton, it was the first year I ever seen a power trip in sports complex.
Wonderful, that made me laugh. =)
AR started in a rush, with total communication breakdown.
BUt was immediately solved within the first 15 min of 1st station. THANK GOD!
And I was really thankful of the people who returned =)
BUt was wondering, why showed face for 5 min and disappeared aft that.
in that case, seriously, why bothered?
but it really didnt matter, just made me wonder. oh well. =)
Having staff lounge as the sick bay was a BAD idea.
Bad ventilation, and plus..... i really needed a good place to slp can. HAHA
died at 3am.
Getting old these days, it was really tiring to start work at 8.30am and still on till 3am the next morning.
If i didnt catch that sleep i needed, I'd probably end up being in sick bay myself the next day.
AR successfully ended.
Without hiccups, I was impressed.
JUst that the number of freshmen that reported sick was... MANY. =s
I had to work till 1pm that day.
Nearly died.
BUt mac breakfast was definitely a good contributor of my energy that morning. =)
Day 4
CPCG / workshops day.
took pm leave that day - needed a break and i thought i'd have one.
BUt received phonecalls of them tearing down the ceiling, paint on the walls and blah blah.
I happily left it to Mark tan to settle, cuz seriously, I din believe I had to attend to that as well when I was on the way home.
And then!
Mag msged me and asked me back to tp to supervise LC rehearsal.
No complaints, cuz it's afterall, the last night before the final day.
stayed till 11pm
Day 5
woke up at 5.30am.
officially died.
went to KW in the morning
then headed back to school.
A mad rush in the morning heading to tcc.
some fat lady was being a nuisance at 9am in the morning.
causing a traffic jam outside of tcc.
I really rolled my eyes, think they almost dropped out.
It's ok, i smiled, kept my cool, and director got there before any students entered tcc.
fantastic right, thanks to the fat lady who proclaimed that we caused her to be late and delayed the programme........ OH WELL. shut.
LC play was Better. Not fantastic, but much BETTER.
the LCs were funny, especially Mark Tan who of cuz ranked first in being a big joker. =)
I shall upload video of him soon..
HAHAHA.
A stunt of showing director of AS cheer team, and the whole sch cheering together was great.
She looked very pleased. I guess we scored points for that. =)
After cheers, was a disaster.
Many things happened simultaneously, but theres only 1 me.
I chose to stay behind at foyer with telematch ppl.
WHile entrusting the whole platoon to qai
that was, I found out that was the worst decision ever.
He was happily found doing all sorts of things in the classroom, when fariza and I rushed back to put stuff after telematch training session.
OLs/Logs were spamming fariza's hp on what to do next at sports hall -
As space allocated for lunch was PATHETIC.
And of course, fariza got there before he did.
like WTH....
I really dislike the poibnt of having Sstudent Affairs and student union to plan events - when they are simply, inflexible and inefficient and unproductive.
come on, if you cant plan, don't do it.
It's right to say, we may not know their restraints... BUTTT
it was a pain in the ass when we couldnt find help to solve the problem.
I couldnt even place Some freshmen at IIT space to eat first, when IIT AGREED to give it to us first before they move to sports hall.
I was utterly pissed.
but of course, that did not help the situation.
In the end, freshmen SAT UNDER THE HOT SUN and ate lunch.
So we killed some of them for the day already by 1pm.
Like - I told both of the dear organisers the day before to eat in TCC foyer
They loved to make own decisions.
oh well.
That wasnt the worst.
Telematch team - muslim ppl went for prayers, back only when 2nd game was over.
Like - I told her to sub in for the malay students, she did not bother.
And we frantically replaced people who had simply no idea of whats going on.
of course, games trained for and the real games were totally diff - that was already a blast.
and I had to place people who were not even mentally prepared.
HOW TO WIn... sigh.
ANd.. I told them to tell cheer team to teach handsigns of signalling which cheer to lead
They did not.
Asked them to write numbers on cheer sheets for freshment..
they flashed the numbers in tcc and expected freshmen without pens to fill in.
and when papers were blank, they blamed the freshmen.
absurd, but it's ok.
cuz everyone died after all 500 humans blew whistles at the same time.
all spent time covering their ears than to show hand actions anyway. FFFFuny right. HAHA.
My heart nearly dropped out as i watched the games and the scoreboard.
With the fm not cheering much, I knew we'd lost sprited award, obviously.
Des was being a pain in the ass as usual.
thank god- we got 3rd.
You know, it'sb lessing in disguise cuz at least, it wasnt last!
before results were revealed, i was informed of our DB team not reporting yet
and was facing disqualification.
I really thought to myself, i really shouldnt have trusted KH on this.
Too lenient already.
Nearly killed the entire team.
it's better to lose on the boat, than to lose cuz of paperwork.
I swear we'l be killed by TKB if that ever happened.
Finally, managed to register, and idiots did not collect indemn forms.
more than half of the freshmen team didnt have it.
we had to talk cock and persuade them to let us in.
It was embarrassing, these ppl really deserved a slap.
but is' ok.
cuz we nv did win anyway.
Ok. MIRACLE - staff race came in 2nd for ASc.
At least somethign la huh. =D
Zhenhan and I were in the team, shouting ROW ROW ROW the entire 100m perhaps?
HAHA. funniest.
the long waiting hrs due to thunder made my legs more tired than my arms today.
Retarded Peopl... HAHA.
Watching the cheer team performing was really nostalgic.
It made me emo femo for a moment.
this is really the time where hardwork is shown.
and they did it.
and I'm so proud of these people. =)
and of course, orientation finally ended.
and I'm PROUD OF MYSELF.
GRace CHan, YOU ROCK!
HAHAHAHA.
well, i need a pad on my shoulders.
come on this was the longest journey ever.
i'd say it's worse than being mentors.
seeing the prog thru wasnt the worst.
it was all the admin work that nearly killed me.
but i survived.
i took part in every part of week 0 this year.
it's amazing when i look back on it.
planning prog, ar, admin, telematch, lc play, food, and come on, even DB! HAHA
the heavy load on my shoulders is really gone.
and after next week, i'm saying bye to all these kids that caused me enough trouble.
but i learnt to like these people.
it really wasnt an easy thing to do.
i'd say it had been tough building rapport.
as i have nv tried doing such things deliberately before.
and now what, i even know their little secrets. =D
i'll miss these people.
of course, not those that i condemned - HD
Results do matter.
But the process was precious.
at least i can call it MY week 0 now. =)
though not a strong team this year.
hardwork is seen to cover up their flaws.
even myself.
lets hope for better team next year.
I MAY just do it again.
One more year and Im gone forever.
Alrights. =)
Im tired. time to koon.
I'll smile when i slpp.
=)
No comments:
Post a Comment